Managing tasks and task groups
For field services applications, tasks are created when uploading the workflow file. These tasks correspond to the visual information extracted from the images sent by the field technicians. These tasks can be grouped into Task Groups.
To create and edit task groups, you need to access the Task Group Manager from any major version page of your application.
It is very common to consider a task group as a photo requested from the field. The list of task groups corresponds to the list of photos that a technician must take during an intervention.
For each task group, it is possible to:
- define its name
- add a description
- add one or more illustration images. These images are then sent via the API and can be presented to technicians to help them understand what is expected of them.
- decide on the list of tasks associated with this task group. This association can be modified at any time.
- decide on the list of data conformity algorithms to be applied to this task-group. This association can be modified at any time.
The tasks can be edited from the task group manager or directly from the page of a major application version. For each task, it is possible to :
- define its display name
- decide if the result of this task should be sent to the technician, or if it should only be used in the back office. This option is available via the "Push to field" checkbox.
- define if the task should be included or not in the computation of the work order conformity score.
- define the task behavior depending on the result of the analysis. You can configure:
- the messages to be sent to the technicians
- if the task should be validated or not
- the color of the task
- define work order types for the task. These work order types are then used when creating a work order to filter out tasks that are not relevant to that work order. It is possible to add one or more work order types for the same task. In the same way it is possible to add one or more work order types to a single work order. Without any work order types, no task is filtered and therefore all tasks will be used for the corresponding work order.